LSCC 2016 Beneficaries
The Lone Star Corvette Club
, since its inception, has been active in efforts to better our community. One of the purposes of the Club, as established in our Bylaws, is to “promote community involvement through charitable activities.”
Each year, the Club hosts a 3-day Corvettes-only event, the Lone Star Corvette Classic
, at the Texas Motor Speedway
in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition to the enjoyment of beautiful automobiles and camaraderie, the event affords LSCC the opportunity to raise the funds that we give back to our community in the form of charitable contributions. The Club has two permanent charities, The National Corvette Museum
and Speedway Children’s Charities
and a “Rotating Charity” that is chosen each year.
The 2016 recipients of charitable contributions from LSCC are:
- Speedway Children’s Charities: Since 1997, Speedway Children's Charities, Texas Chapter has distributed more than $6.7 million in funding to children's organizations surrounding Texas Motor Speedway. Organizations in Collin, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant counties are eligible to apply for their annual grants.
- National Corvette Museum: The Museum was established as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit foundation with a mission of celebrating the invention of the Corvette and preserving its past, present, and future. The Museum is a living, growing organization inspiring generations of Corvette enthusiasts through public tours and special events onsite and across the country.
- Heroes on the Water: For those who enjoy it, there is nothing better than a day of fishing and relaxing - connecting with the outdoors and enjoying the company of like-minded friends. For our nation’s warriors and their families, it’s more than an enjoyable day. It’s a rehabilitative, sometimes life-saving, event. Heroes on the Water provide free, therapeutic kayak fishing to our veterans and active military and their families because we understand the impact. A recent 18 month study confirmed the impact the program has on our veterans.
In addition, LSCC
has established an Automotive Scholarship Fund
at the Dallas County Community College District
. Each semester two $500 scholarships are granted to students in automotive studies who meet established criteria. The scholarship assists with books and supplies.
Past recipients of charitable contributions from LSCC
- Komen 3-Day Walk for the Cure
- Lion’s Club Children’s Camp
- St. Cloud’s Animal Rescue
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Honor Flight DFW
- Andy Pilgrim Foundation
- Defenders of Freedom